The Maison du Souvenir’s objectives
Its objectives are to:
- impart the memory of these conflicts
- promote and showcase remembrance sites
- forge ties between remembrance tourism professionals
- foster the development of joint projects
- contribute to the training of teams and their professional skills
- pool best practices, experiences and tools
- empower professionals to find joint responses to common questions
Established and overseen by the Heritage, Remembrance and Archives Directorate (DPMA), the network organizes professional seminars, makes discussion spaces available on a dedicated intranet and implements shared communication tools.
The network’s member sites sign up to an Ethics Charter which guarantees that attention is paid to scientific and educational content, as well as special reception conditions for veterans or survivors.
“Qualité Tourisme” certification
In 2015, the Maison du Souvenir had the privilege of hosting an MMCC network seminar on the “Qualité Tourisme” initiative. As the Maison du Souvenir was one of the first remembrance sites to be awarded the “Qualité Tourisme” certification, the DPMA decided to come to Maillé to find out about the procedures set up and efforts carried out by the memorial team to uphold the high-quality welcome extended to visitors.