COVID-19 health crisis:
Commitments of the Maison du Souvenir in Maillé
To protect the health of our visitors and guarantee the safest possible reception conditions when the site reopens as part of the lockdown easing plans, the Maison du Souvenir in Maillé is rolling out the following specific measures.
- A transparent screen has been put up in front of the reception desk to maintain a safe distance between the reception staff and visitors.
- All of our reception staff wear safety masks.
￫ Our visitors are encouraged to bring their own mask and to wear it throughout their visit; otherwise a disposable mask will be given to them to protect the reception staff and other visitors.
- Card payments are recommended, and the machine is disinfected before and after each use.
￫ Our visitors are asked to please bring their own pen if paying by cheque.
Walking around on-site :
The Maison du Souvenir has installed special signage (panels and ground marking) to best guide visitors in terms of waiting and walking around and thus ensure that the necessary safety distances are maintained.
￫ Our visitors are encouraged to strictly comply with this signage and keep the recommended distances apart.
Hygiene of facilities and the premises:
We are devoting careful efforts to the cleaning and disinfection of our facilities and the premises, particularly any sensitive areas that are accessible to visitors.
￫ Our visitors are encouraged to:
- disinfect their hands on arriving and leaving (there is freely accessible alcohol-based hand sanitizer at the entrance and exit of the exhibition),
- only touch what is necessary (especially in the gift shop).
We are immensely grateful to our visitors for complying with these instructions* and carefully following the safety protection measures (posted up at various locations around the site), for the sake of everyone’s protection.
*Measures adopted pursuant to the Touraine Département-level Tourism Agency’s framework of health measures in visitor and recreational sites
Tourism and Disability
In 2008, so just two years after opening, the Maison du Souvenir was awarded the “Tourisme et Handicap” (Tourism and Disability) certification for the 4 types of disability (physical, mental, hearing and visual).
Our disabled visitors can look forward to:
- ground-floor facilities that are wheelchair-friendly,
- a reception desk, handrails and showcases at just the right height for visitors using a wheelchair,
- a film of testimonies with subtitles as an option and an auditorium equipped with a special sound system for hard-of-hearing visitors,
- a site map in large print for visually-impaired visitors.
Visitors with bicycles are welcome! The Maison du Souvenir in Maillé is “Accueil Vélo” certified.
It can provide cyclists with:
- cycle racks in a secure yard,
- luggage lockers,
- a basic repairs kit,
- a directory of cycle specialists in the area (repair and hire companies),
- tourist documentation specific for cyclists.
Qualité TourismeTM brand
Right from the outset, the Maison du Souvenir got involved, in partnership with the Touraine Département-level Tourism Agency, in a State-guaranteed initiative focusing on high-quality hospitality, services and environmental protection. In 2008, these efforts were recognized when the memorial site was awarded the national Qualité TourismeTM brand, which it has maintained ever since.